What’s a speakeasy bar without live music? Whether we’re talking about the jazz bands that kickstarted the fusion of cultures and backgrounds in 1920s America or flappers taking to the tables, music has always been at the heart of the speakeasy bar. The Book Cover is proud to offer a regular schedule of some of the best performers and live music Exeter has to offer, in our stylish bar.
Whether you join us for Jazz on a Thursday evening or a little electro swing on Saturdays, come drape yourself elegantly next to our magnificent gramophone and listen to our wonderfully talented friends. With our selection of live music, Exeter won’t be able to resist a boogie. Some regular cats you can expect include:
- Lindy Hop Dancers – Toe tapping is allowed, but full-on be-bop and dancing is positively encouraged.
- Live Jazz with our House Band – Featuring some incredible vocal talents from Annika Skoogh, guaranteed to blow your socks off.
- Electro Swing – Classic tunes with an electric twist.
- Jazz from Martin Dale and Craig Milverton on sax and piano – A classic combination of instruments in harmonic perfection.
- Great Gatsby Trio – You’ll feel transported back in time to a true 1920s bar [link to Bar page] when grooving with this trio.
- Rachael Roberts and the Gatsby Gang – Boogie to some vintage jazz from this crowd pleasing five-piece band.
- Hot Club of Stonehouse – Guitar and sax jazz band fronted by Neat Gunning.
- ‘La Vie en Rose’ Gypsy Jazz Band – South West band with diverse backgrounds, from classical to rock, all coming together in gypsy jazz and swing.
- Resident DJ Donjohnston – Vintage remixes that mix brass and bass in a fun cabaret style.
So get your dancing shoes on and sing, swing and groove along to the best live music Exeter has to offer at The Book Cover. And don’t forget to put your glad rags on too. Flapper dresses, bow ties or whatever sartorial delights you have to hand are fully encouraged here! You’ll fit in perfectly with the suave interiors and retro decor here.